For the most recent news and information from Senator Hill, please visit her on Facebook and click "Like"
State House Links
I am honored to be your Senator and welcome hearing from you at any time. —Dawn
Senator Dawn Hill
PO Box 701
Cape Neddick, ME 03902
Senator Dawn Hill (D–York) was sworn in for her second term in the Maine State Senate in December 2012. She continues to serve as the Senate Chair of the Appropriation & Financial Affairs Committee until the new Legislature is sworn in in December. Appropriations meets monthly until then. Read Dawn's Extended Bio»
"During my eight years in the Maine State Legislature, I have worked hard to preserve what makes Maine special – our strong communities, small businesses and our independent spirit. I continue to be your voice in the Senate, working to create jobs and support small businesses, bring transparency and accountability to state government, improve access to high quality education and protect our natural resources."
— Dawn Hill
- Negotiated in the 126th session a two year budget and subsequent budget supplements that: garnered unanimous Appropriations and Financial Affairs Committee votes on each of the hundreds of line items in them, passed with super majorities in both the House and the Senate, and then won override votes of the Governor's vetoes with even larger margins.
- Submitted bills that resulted in greater transparency and fair play in the treatment of York Hospital by the healthcare networks and Maine employee insurance program.
- Negotiated five balanced budgets during 125th session that passed the House and Senate with a super majority (2/3 approved)
- Holding MTA (Maine Turnpike Authority) accountable to citizens (See Bangor Daily News)
- Fought to secure state and federal funding for repair and replacement of Maine's three gateway bridges
- Pushed through legislation allowing Coast Bus lines to expand service in District 1
Friends and supporters at Women of the Year event
Present - 126th Maine State Senate
- Appropriations & Financial Affairs Committee, Senate Chair
- Senate Committee on Senatorial Vote
125th Maine State Senate
- Appropriations & Financial Affairs Committee, Ranking Senate Democrat
- Senate Conduct & Ethics Committee
Past - 123rd & 124th Maine House of Representatives
- Chair, Government Oversight Committee
- Judiciary Committee
- Right to Know Advisory Committee
- Criminal Justice Committee